Temporary Delivery of Energy Efficiency Solutions in Building No. 3 of the Program and Budget Organization
In order to implement the Energy Efficiency and Environment in Buildings Project in selected buildings in Tehran, the implementation of solutions in Building No. 3 of the Program and Budget Organization (PBO) was completed in August 2020 and this building has entered the measurement and verification (M&V) phase.
This building, located in the complex of buildings of the PBO, has an area of about 4705 square meters. Implementation of energy efficiency solutions, in compliance with all health protocols and despite the problems caused by the outbreak of Coronavirus, was begun in the mentioned building in mid-May and ended in September 2020.
The solutions implemented in this building are as follows:
- Installation of the smart control system for heating and cooling;
- Installation of the smart control system of air conditioners;
- Installation of the inverter on the cooling tower fans;
- Installation of the flow balancing valve on the risers and implementing the bypass path;
- Replacement of existing lamps with high efficiency LED lamps;
It is estimated that with the implementation of these solutions, a total of 13,627 cubic meters of natural gas and about 166 MWh of energy will be saved annually. Furthermore, as a result of these savings, the emission of approximately 192 kilotons of carbon dioxide per year is expected to be prevented.